Sunday, February 3, 2013

What's on My Gameroom Walls?

Tim Snider over at The Savage Afterworld has started a new meme. Most people who have a room dedicated to gaming has a variety of interesting decorations on their walls. This decor offers an interesting insight into the people who spend while away their hours exploring imaginary worlds in these rooms.

My game room was supposed to be a dining room, but we never eat at the table, so it's pretty much become a dedicated gaming room. Ivy (my wife) can't stand bare walls, so she made certain the room was filled with "cool things." There's a lot of shelves, knick-knacks, and crafts hanging on these walls--the flotsam and jetsam of a pack-rat's life.

This is a papier-mache lion mas my sister made for a play. It always gets a lot of attention when new people come over.

Ivy collects masks of various styles. She especially likes these kind of Mardi-Gras looking ones. We have them scattered all over the house. These are a few hanging in the game room.

The cats came from different parts of Asia and Africa. The benefit of the Internet is that we've made friends all over the world. When they go to cool places, they send us stuff. The cat on the left was from a friend who went to Kenya to study birds. I purchased the Captain America sculpture from a guy at SPACE who sold these awesome/adorable hand-made superhero models. I love it.

This is the Egyptian corner. The papyrus prints on the right I got from my mom, who got them from her old boss, who wa from Egypt. The little brass camel and incense box are things my grandparents picked up on their honeymoon in Egypt. And that little maquette of Dante Hicks in the center? Well, he's not even supposed to be here today.


No comments:

Post a Comment